This year sees the launch of an exciting new Riverside project –
Riverside Retirement Village.
Our primary focus, in the launch of our retirement village, is the empowerment of senior citizens. We are governed by these core values: (a) that life as a senior citizen involves more than daily meals and medication and parking in front of the TV each evening; (b) that retired persons should never be lonely, never be bored, never feel helpless; (c) that we treasure and promote the dignity, privacy and independence of our guests; (d) that the nutrition, health and lifestyle requirements of senior citizens must always be met.
Riverside is run by a team of qualified and empathetic caregivers , nursing sisters and dedicated staff but our goal and core value is to focus on residents to enjoy their independence, dignity and continued growth and development.
At Riverside you will find warm smiles, BIG hugs and hearts.
We have a communal dining room where our residents can enjoy delicious and nutritious meals or alternatively meals can be enjoyed in the privacy of their own rooms. We have two lounges, where one can enjoy social gatherings, or play games, relax or read. Residents can also enjoy walking, relaxing in our gardens or enjoy the mountain views from our Gazebo , a lovely area to host friends and family or just enjoy a cup of tea while listening to the birds.
Our gardens and walkways are elder friendly which include handrails and ramps.
We offer a host of daily activities held either in our gardens or our community hall. Weekly events are also arranged ensuring our residents experience stimulation, adventure and lots of FUN.
For a monthly all-inclusive levy of R25 200 per standard unit or R26 750 per luxury unit, our residence at Riverside Retirement Village will have:
- Accommodation in large, superbly furnished en-suite units;
- Television and Netflix in each room;
- Unlimited internet bandwidth, enabling regular contact with children, grandchildren, loved ones and friends via Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype or other suitable video link platforms;
- Three meals a day, as well as morning and afternoon tea, and bedtime snacks;
- Large, sunlit en-suite bedrooms, fully furnished (although guests are encouraged to bring own items of furniture or memorabilia), fridge and kettle;
- Beautiful spacious gardens for outdoor rest and recreation;
- Full opportunities to continue with existing hobbies or learn new ones, including gardening, art, music, choir singing, movie evenings, sport on big screen television and many other empowering and uplifting activities;
- Large function hall, where senior citizen exercise programmes, sport and movie evenings, and many other social interaction opportunities, will take place;
- Nursing sister and caregivers on 24-hour duty;
- Ample off-street secure parking;
- Trained, dedicated and empathetic staff to ensure that all our guests become part of the family.
We have no waiting lists, and no non-refundable application fees.
For further details please contact Licia at 082 467 6357; Rob at 066 0754 761